WELCOME to BEEHIVE...
Accelerated LDS Education in 14 Levels for 4-18 Year Olds, Covering Pre-K-12th+
Emphasizing Spiritual and Academic Excellence
***SIGN-UP BAN IN FORCE.*** ***SITE IS UNDER RECONSTRUCTION.*** READ & LEARN ABOUT BEEHIVE, BUT ---
DO NOT SIGN-UP UNTIL BAN IS LIFTED. THANK YOU.
- HOME Basic Info, Testimonials
- ABOUT US Philosophy & People
- SCHOOL INFO Info on Policies and
How the Curriculum Is Set-Up and Works
- ONLINE CURRICULUM
Sign-Up & Access Portal,
Course Descriptions by Subject
- STORE Course Supplies, etc.
& Family-rated Videos
- NEWS: "THE BUZZ NEWSLETTER"
Emphasizes forming a Christ-like character.
Educates the WHOLE Person: Mental, Physical & Spiritual.
Incorporates cutting edge learning skills & strategies.
Is Rigorous, Patriotic, Fun & Spiritual.
Is comprised of a series of booklets, videos & recommended texts.
Begins with simple, easy to follow Parent Orientation.
Covers: Religion, Language Arts, Mathematics,
Social Sciences, Sciences, Fine Arts, & Life Skills.
Availability: Courses gradually coming online early 2015.
- $99.00 per household for one year access.
- Means to print booklets & watch videos
- Occasional texts, science equipment, art supplies, etc.
PARENT INTRODUCTON to BEEHIVE SCHOOLS -
Part One: WHY BEEHIVE?
Part Two: OUR DEFINITION of SUCCESS
Part Three: WHAT IS THE CURRICULUM?
Part Four: WHAT THE CURRICULUM DOES
Part Five: HOW DOES IT WORK?
Part Six: CURRENT STATUS
Part One: WHY BEEHIVE?
As LDS parents looking for a safe, academically solid, and religiously uplifting place to
school their students, we found none and so created one: Beehive LDS Schooling, LLC., also known as
Beehive Academy and Prep School, founded 1997. Because of the success* students achieved at Beehive, we
now share our curriculum and methods online.
Part Two: OUR DEFINITION of SUCCESS*
- *Spiritual Understanding and Development - Acquiring a vast knowledge
of the scriptures, church history and doctrine, plus developing a firm,
unshakeable testimony of Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost,
putting Them and Their priorities FIRST, at the center of our lives. In short,
keeping the commandments and learning to live a God-centered and God-directed
- *Academic Excellence - Developing a thorough understanding of
Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Sciences (History, Geography, Government
and Economics), and the Sciences (Life, Earth & Space, Chemistry & Physic).
- *Fine Arts Understanding & Development - Learning the rudiments of Art, Music, Dance and Theater
sufficient to recognize and appreciate different forms and skills; plus developing one's talents and abilities
in these areas, especially Music. ALL students are expected to learn to conduct music, to learn to sing well, and to
learn to play a selected instrument.
- *Mastering Selected Life Skills - Especially Health & Fitness, Home Management & Self-Reliance, Financial
Management & Career Preparation, and Family Life Studies.
Part Three - WHAT IS the CURRICULUM? - A Method of Individualized Education, specifically:
- A Lesson Bank of 1,000s of VIDEO lessons coupled with PDF booklets for practice and review.
- It encompasses the Seven Subject areas mentioned above and is divided into 14 levels. The Levels correspond
to incremental levels of learning NOT Grade levels.
- It also contains cutting-edge research and LDS subject matter not normally presented by public or other
- It is a guide to breakthrough learning techniques that make greater achievements possible.
Part Four: WHAT the BEEHIVE CURRICULUM DOES:
It sparks the mind, heart, and motivation of students to develop:
- a Christlike character
- a solid foundation of spiritual knowledge and understanding
- a strong foundation of academic knowledge and understanding
- a strong foundation of life skills knowledge and understanding
- a strong testimony
- their interests, talents, and abilities
- and to discover their missions in life.
- In fine: The Beehive Curriculum is a vehicle which helps students reach their full potential.
Part Five: HOW the BEEHIVE PROGRAM WORKS:
- Before signing-up, the parent reads through the site and prays about whether or not this curriculum is a good fit for his/her
student or students.
- If the answer is "YES", then the parent signs-up through the curriculum portal on the curriculum page.
- Before beginning students in the curriculum, Parents & Teachers, complete the two Parent Orientation lessons.
- The program is presented in fourteen levels.
- Each student begins in Level One in each subject. - WHY?:
- Because while we, as other schools, have an incremental curriculum, one that builds upon itself, we teach certain
ideas, facts and concepts at earlier levels than normal.
- Also, the fundamentals of our learning strategies are taught in the beginning levels. Miss these and you miss
what makes higher levels of achievement possible.
- In addition, in the early levels the foundation is laid for the heart of the curriculum - the spiritual learning.
This makes all the difference.
- Finally, a good review never hurt anybody, and that is what happens with older students who are humble enough to start
in Level One, as they are asked to do. All of us have what we call "potholes" in our education. By having older students
review until they reach their working levels they:
- fill-in and smooth-over those "potholes" that can cause trouble
- they are assured of receiving the full benefits of the Beehive Curriculum.
- The parent/teacher awards the Certificates of Achievement and the Certificates of Completion as the student completes
the requirements for each.
Part Six: CURRENT STATUS January 5, 2015:
With the advance of video capability, we are revamping the online curriculum to more closely align with that delivered
to students in the day school. This is because we want you to have the same results as we have had in the day school. For
example, elementary students in the day school achieved phenomenal results on nationally normed testing: an average of
the 98th percentile in reading and the 92nd percentile in math. Also, students in the day school who followed the program
achieved substantial spiritual growth, understanding, and commitment.
Therefore, to further facilitate this growth and achievement among our online students, we have taken down the PDF ONLY
courses and are in the process of replacing them with the VIDEO plus PDF Booklet format.
NEWLY FORMATTED COURSES WILL BEGIN APPEARING THIS MONTH, beginning with the Lower Levels in all subjects.
Thereafter, you can expect a level a month until all levels are up and running by year's end. Please understand that the
site is under reconstruction and not usable in its present state. DO NOT SIGN-UP until
the SIGN-UP Ban at the top of this page is lifted.
A FINAL NOTE:
When you begin, If you follow what is here, you and your student or students cannot help but increase in
Spiritual, Physical and Mental agility and capacity. You may well be amazed at the results. We have been, as we have
seen the program operate in the lives of our students and others who did and do continue to increase in physical
well-being, mental acuity, spirituality and testimony.
"Here they teach faith, not humanism. The religion courses are of exceptional quality." Parent
"I switched to Beehive because they use LDS authors and sources in their curriculum." Parent
"THANK YOU for CREATING the CURRICULUM. Everything else out there is Common Core." Parent
"My daughter loves their beginning math class and is hungry for more." Parent
"I like the way the Language Arts course begins. A good, fresh approach." Parent
"The information offered to parents is truly exceptional and worthwhile. There is much to learn." Parent
"When my boy started at Beehive, he was behind and struggling. Now he is ahead in his subjects and enjoys learning." Parent
"The learning strategies and techniques made all the difference to my children. THANK YOU." Parent
"My son achieved high scores on his college entrance test." Parent
"At this school, you have fun and learn a lot." Student
"At this school it doesn't matter if you are a bit slow or a 'nerd'. Everyone can work at his own pace." Student
"The people here really care about their students. They are willing to help you all they can." Student
"I've been at Beehive for four years. I don't want to go anyway else." Student
"I had a hard time getting my children to want to do school. Now, they can't wait to begin." Parent
Beehive LDS Schooling, LLC. is solely responsible for the content of this site. BeehiveSchools.com is in no way connected with the Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints.