WELCOME to BEEHIVE...
TWO MODES: Online Curriculum & Tutoring School
Accelerated LDS Education in 10 Levels for 5-16 Year Olds, Covers Pre-K-12th+
Emphasizing Spiritual and Academic Excellence
***Curriculum and Store Pages are Being Revised as the New Video Curriculum Comes Online***
- HOME Basic Info, Testimonials
- ABOUT US Philosophy & People
- SCHOOL INFO Tutoring School Info
- ONLINE CURRICULUM
Sign-Up & Access Portal,
Course Descriptions by Subject
- STORE Materials, Books & DVDs
- NEWS: "THE BUZZ NEWSLETTER"
- The Daily Writing Prompt
- News of Beehive
- Other News Bites You Can Use
- Student Contributions & Editorials
THE CURRICULUM & TUTORING SCHOOL:
Emphasize forming a Christ-like character.
Educate the WHOLE Person: Mental, Physical & Spiritual.
Incorporate cutting edge learning skills & strategies.
Are Rigorous, Patriotic, Fun & Spiritual.
Include a series of booklets and videos.
Begin with PHASE ONE Parent Orientation.
Subjects: Religion, Language Arts, Mathematics,
Social Sciences, Sciences, Health & Fitness, Fine Arts,
& Practical Arts.
TUTORING* DAY SCHOOL SIGN-UP - In Progress -
See School Info Page (*Tutoring because each student is tutored individually.)
ONLINE CURRICULUM - Early Sign-up In Progress
See Curriculum Page.
ONLINE CURRICULUM SPECIAL:
On April 1 - The cost reverts to $99.00 for 1 year access
Sign-up before April 1 & Get 2 yrs access for $99.00
On June 1st the cost will increase to $149.99.
PARENT INTRODUCTON to BEEHIVE SCHOOLS
Part One: WHY BEEHIVE?
Part Two: OUR DEFINITION of SUCCESS
Part Three: WHAT IS THE CURRICULUM?
Part Four: WHAT THE CURRICULUM DOES
Part Five: HOW DOES IT WORK?
Part One: WHY BEEHIVE?
As LDS parents looking for a safe, academically solid, and religiously uplifting place to school their students, we
found none and so created one: Beehive LDS Schooling, LLC., also known as Beehive Academy and Prep School, founded 1997.
Because of the success* students achieved at Beehive, we now share our curriculum and methods online.
Part Two: OUR DEFINITION of SUCCESS*
- *Spiritual Understanding and Development - Learning of the life, missions and teachings of Jesus Christ;
studying the attributes of Christ and applying them in our lives; putting God FIRST in our lives by keeping the
commandments and learning to live a God-centered and God-directed life.
- *Academic Excellence - Developing a thorough understanding of
Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Sciences (History, Geography, Government, Economics & Family Life), and the
Sciences (Life, Earth & Space, Chemistry & Physic).
- *Fine Arts Understanding & Development - Learning the rudiments of Art, Music and Theater
sufficient to recognize and appreciate different forms and skills; plus developing one's talents and abilities
in these areas, especially Music. ALL students are expected to learn to conduct music, to learn to sing well, and to
learn to play a selected instrument.
- *Mastering Selected Life Skills - Especially Health & Fitness, ant Practical Arts of Gardening, Home Management
& Repair, Financial Management, Career Preparation, and Preparedness.
Part Three - WHAT IS the CURRICULUM? - A Method of Individualized Education, specifically:
- A Lesson Bank of 1,000s of VIDEO & PDF lessons encompassing the above-mentioned subjects.
- Cutting-edge research and LDS subject matter not normally presented by public or other private institutions
- A guide to breakthrough learning techniques that make greater achievements possible.
Part Four: WHAT the BEEHIVE CURRICULUM DOES:
It sparks the mind, heart, and motivation of students to develop:
- a Christlike character
- a solid foundation of spiritual knowledge and understanding
- a strong foundation of academic, life skills & fine arts knowledge and understanding
- a strong testimony
- their interests, talents, and abilities
- and to discover their missions in life.
- In fine: The Beehive Curriculum is a vehicle which helps students reach their full potential.
Part Five: HOW the BEEHIVE PROGRAM WORKS:
- Before signing-up, the parent reads through the site and prays about whether or not this curriculum or school is
a good fit for his/her student or students.
- If the answer is "YES", then the parent signs-up
- For the Online Curriculum through the curriculum portal on the curriculum page.
- For the Day School by calling Mrs. Kessler at 435-656-2187 and setting-up an initial interview.
- Before beginning students in the curriculum, Parents complete the PHASE ONE Parent Orientation.
- The Student program is presented in Ten Levels.
- Each student begins in Level One in each subject. - WHY?:
- Because while we, as other schools, have an incremental curriculum, one that builds upon itself, we also teach
certain ideas, facts, skills and concepts at earlier levels than normal.
- Also, the fundamentals of our learning strategies are taught in the beginning levels. Miss these and you miss
what makes higher levels of achievement possible.
- In addition, in the early levels the foundation is laid for the heart of the curriculum - the spiritual learning.
This makes all the difference.
- Finally, a good review never hurt anybody, and that is what happens when older students humble themselves and start
in Level One. All of us have what we call "potholes" in our education. By having older students review until they reach
their working levels they:
- fill-in and smooth-over those "potholes" that can cause trouble later; and
they are assured of receiving the full benefits of the Beehive Curriculum.
- As the student progresses in the Curriculum, the parent or teacher awards the Certificates of Achievement and
Certificates of Completion. Certificates of Achievement are awarded for learning facts, skill, concepts, etc within
a Level. Certificates of Completion are awarded for completing a Level of a particular Subject.
A FINAL NOTE:
When you begin, If you follow what is here, you and your student or students cannot help but increase in
Spiritual, Physical and Mental agility and capacity. You may well be amazed at the results. We have been, as we have
seen the program operate in the lives of our students and others who did and do continue to increase in physical
well-being, mental acuity, spirituality and testimony.
"Here they teach faith, not humanism. The religion courses are of exceptional quality." Parent
"I switched to Beehive because they use LDS authors and sources in their curriculum." Parent
"THANK YOU for CREATING the CURRICULUM. Everything else out there is Common Core." Parent
"My daughter loves their beginning math class and is hungry for more." Parent
"I like the way the Language Arts course begins. A good, fresh approach." Parent
"The information offered to parents is truly exceptional and worthwhile. There is much to learn." Parent
"When my boy started at Beehive, he was behind and struggling. Now he is ahead in his subjects and enjoys learning." Parent
"The learning strategies and techniques made all the difference to my children. THANK YOU." Parent
"My son achieved high scores on his college entrance test." Parent
"At this school, you have fun and learn a lot." Student
"At this school it doesn't matter if you are a bit slow or a 'nerd'. Everyone can work at his own pace." Student
"The people here really care about their students. They are willing to help you all they can." Student
"I've been at Beehive for four years. I don't want to go anyway else." Student
"I had a hard time getting my children to want to do school. Now, they can't wait to begin." Parent
Beehive LDS Schooling, LLC. is solely responsible for the content of this site. BeehiveSchools.com is in no way
connected with the Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints.